Those familiar with Fresh Daily‘s previous features (Swerve, Apollo 13, and Booth-exclusive freestyle Izzus (West Coast Mix)) know the Brooklyn emcee as a talented up-and-comer with a chilled-out, old-school-informed style. Don’t let the easygoing vibe fool you, though; as FD explains on the newly-released lead single off his debut full-length, those who cross him are guaranteed to pay the price. On Untucked Nunchucks, Daily lets his aggressive side shine over ominous piano-organ accompaniment from producers Ski Beatz and Apple Juice Kid , slinging an endless stream of sinister, wordplay-driven barbs (“I’m real nice, I feel like a steel spike in a crucifix: I get my point across stupid quick”) at all who would question his musical supremacy. Fresh Daily’s punchlines here are liable to leave listeners concussed, and this track is proof that he can deliver lyrical beatdowns along with his mellower, braggadocio-driven tracks. For more musical surprises from this versatile Brooklynite, pick up a copy of his Gorgeous Killer in Crimes of Passion LP, set to drop August 18th off High Water Music.
Written by richard on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
High Water Is Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swerve ft. Nola Darling & Homebody Sandman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)