Hey, you, would you like to hear a brand new record by Fresh Daily? C’mon, Say Yes!. Well, since I can’t hear your voice over the inter-tubes, on top of the fact that you’re not reading this as I’m typing it, I’m gonna go ahead and assume you responded/will respond in the affirmative. Absent from our pages since bringing us summer-2010 anthem Pastelz, the Brooklyn representative returns with a new single perfectly suited for spring rotation. Shuko and Fonty provide the sun-drenched production, crafting a soulful string/keyboard arrangement that sounds like it could’ve been sampled from a fresh cover version of Just the Two Us (It isn’t, as far as I’ve been able to figure out), and the freestyle alum delivers breezily upbeat rhymes to match. In bars that drip with exuberance, the rap buzzmaker mixes positivity with punny wit: “Just be like Kanye and Common Sense / and you’ll catch up and spread like condiments.” How about it, readers: is Fresh Daily, as Charlie Sheen would put it, “Winning!”? Then don’t miss the new material he’s set to showcase on his latest full-length, The Quiet Life due out May 3.
Written by richard on 04/27/11
High Water Is Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swerve ft. Nola Darling & Homebody Sandman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)