Hey, you, would you like to hear a brand new record by Fresh Daily? C’mon, Say Yes!. Well, since I can’t hear your voice over the inter-tubes, on top of the fact that you’re not reading this as I’m typing it, I’m gonna go ahead and assume you responded/will respond in the affirmative. Absent from our pages since bringing us summer-2010 anthem Pastelz, the Brooklyn representative returns with a new single perfectly suited for spring rotation. Shuko and Fonty provide the sun-drenched production, crafting a soulful string/keyboard arrangement that sounds like it could’ve been sampled from a fresh cover version of Just the Two Us (It isn’t, as far as I’ve been able to figure out), and the freestyle alum delivers breezily upbeat rhymes to match. In bars that drip with exuberance, the rap buzzmaker mixes positivity with punny wit: “Just be like Kanye and Common Sense / and you’ll catch up and spread like condiments.” How about it, readers: is Fresh Daily, as Charlie Sheen would put it, “Winning!”? Then don’t miss the new material he’s set to showcase on his latest full-length, The Quiet Life due out May 3.
Written by richard on 04/27/11
Submit your Rating
High Water Is Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swerve ft. Nola Darling & Homebody Sandman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.