Hey, you, would you like to hear a brand new record by Fresh Daily? C’mon, Say Yes!. Well, since I can’t hear your voice over the inter-tubes, on top of the fact that you’re not reading this as I’m typing it, I’m gonna go ahead and assume you responded/will respond in the affirmative. Absent from our pages since bringing us summer-2010 anthem Pastelz, the Brooklyn representative returns with a new single perfectly suited for spring rotation. Shuko and Fonty provide the sun-drenched production, crafting a soulful string/keyboard arrangement that sounds like it could’ve been sampled from a fresh cover version of Just the Two Us (It isn’t, as far as I’ve been able to figure out), and the freestyle alum delivers breezily upbeat rhymes to match. In bars that drip with exuberance, the rap buzzmaker mixes positivity with punny wit: “Just be like Kanye and Common Sense / and you’ll catch up and spread like condiments.” How about it, readers: is Fresh Daily, as Charlie Sheen would put it, “Winning!”? Then don’t miss the new material he’s set to showcase on his latest full-length, The Quiet Life due out May 3.
Written by richard on 04/27/11
Submit your Rating
High Water Is Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swerve ft. Nola Darling & Homebody Sandman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.