I know what you’re thinking, but no; Pastelz, the brand new single from Fresh Daily, isn’t about those things you were forced to draw with in high school art class. Or maybe I was the only one thinking that. In any case, those who prefer summer jams to smeary crayons are likely to dig what the Brooklyn rapper (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) serves up on his latest feature, a mellow track which finds the artist addressing the evergreen topic of warm-weather recreation over the hazy sample work of Muneshine. Knowing that long, lazy summer days are best spent with good friends, the headliner enlists the guest verse services of Rhode Island native Theo Martins, who spends his opening verse laying out the perfect summer day. A perfect joint to flip on in your whip during a leisurely drive through the city streets, Pastelz is set for inclusion on Fresh’s forthcoming Anmlhse promo mixtape, which has yet to receive a release date. Keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 07/7/10
Submit your Rating
High Water Is Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swerve ft. Nola Darling & Homebody Sandman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.