“Brooklyn, we have a problem. The very cradle of hip-hop is straying from its roots, and we need your help to bring it back.” This fictional transmission quote might give Booth-heads a good idea as to what inspired Apollo 13, a cut off Fresh Daily‘s highly-anticipated Tomorrow Is Today mixtape. Unlike 2 Hungry Bros. beat on the emcee’s Booth debut, Swerve, Benamin‘s out-of this world instrumental (complete with samples from jazz musician/cosmic philosopher Sun Ra’s film Space Is The Place) doesn’t overpower Fresh’s verses—in fact, it should ensure the record gets spins from DJs all across the galaxy. After Tomorrow Is Today drops (watch for a download link to hit our blog sometime in the first week of May), fans can look forward to his forthcoming full length, The Gorgeous Kill In Crimes of Passion, which is set to deliver plenty more of FD’s organically underground sound when it touches down July 21st.
Listen to More: Fresh Daily
Written by Burmy on 04/28/09
Submit your Rating
High Water Is Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swerve ft. Nola Darling & Homebody Sandman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.