“Brooklyn, we have a problem. The very cradle of hip-hop is straying from its roots, and we need your help to bring it back.” This fictional transmission quote might give Booth-heads a good idea as to what inspired Apollo 13, a cut off Fresh Daily‘s highly-anticipated Tomorrow Is Today mixtape. Unlike 2 Hungry Bros. beat on the emcee’s Booth debut, Swerve, Benamin‘s out-of this world instrumental (complete with samples from jazz musician/cosmic philosopher Sun Ra’s film Space Is The Place) doesn’t overpower Fresh’s verses—in fact, it should ensure the record gets spins from DJs all across the galaxy. After Tomorrow Is Today drops (watch for a download link to hit our blog sometime in the first week of May), fans can look forward to his forthcoming full length, The Gorgeous Kill In Crimes of Passion, which is set to deliver plenty more of FD’s organically underground sound when it touches down July 21st.
Written by Burmy on 04/28/09
Submit your Rating
High Water Is Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swerve ft. Nola Darling & Homebody Sandman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.