With a long list of mixtape releases and a popular DVD series (Cocaine City) under his belt, South Bronx emcee/label owner French Montana has grown into a major player on the underground scene. On Go Hard, the first leak off his latest project, the rapper who brought us New York Minute lets listeners in on his surefire recipe for street success: work, work and more work – with the occasional break for stunting and womanizing, of course. Flowing over a smooth, spacey sampled instrumental by Brooklyn beatsmith Harry Fraud, French asserts his supremacy on the block as well as the mic, spitting, “Ask about the game, they’ll tell you I brung it back like a quarter white.” Is this underground mainstay truly “the future” of the rap game? Only time will tell, but those digging this hard-nosed track should keep it locked to DJBooth.net for the latest on Montana’s Mac With the Cheese 2 mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 01/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Minute ft. Jadakiss" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.