Thanks to the success of his Cocaine City street DVD series, South Bronx native French Montana captured the attention of quite a few industry figures, many of whom had never previously heard of the aspiring emcee or his music. Earlier this year, during a meeting with SRC Records President Gaby Acevedo, Konvict Muzik label owner and pop hitmaker Akon was put on to Montana’s underground stylings. Almost immediately, Montana was flown out to Miami to meet with Kon, who shortly thereafter signed the artist/entrepreneur to a joint label deal. Now, several months later, the emcee is back to build on the tremendous buzz created by Jadakiss-assisted single New York Minute with his latest official release, Married To The Streets. Producer J. Cardim, whose boardwork has backed previous Booth features by Ariez Onasis and Sha Stimuli, supplies the motivational-jam backdrop and Akon assists his signee with one of his sing-along hooks. Montana’s debut is currently untitled and without a release date, but the emcee is set to drop several mixtapes over the next few months, including a Gangsta Grillz set with DJ Drama.
Written by DJ Z on 09/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Minute ft. Jadakiss" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.