Summer is fast approaching and, well, that means a few things as the temperature begins to heat up. First, drinking an ice cold beer (or seven) after you get off of work is perfectly normal and acceptable. Second, songs we like to refer to as “club bangers” will begin to get more and more spins. French Montana, however, is an impatient man, rolling out his own potential club banger, a remixed version of Freaks a tad early. Montana enlists MMG squad members Rick Ross and Wale, as well DJ Khaled and Mavado, to join him on the new rendition and I can’t say I’m mad at that decision. While Ross and Wale each provide new verses, French allows Mavado to take over the handling of chorus duties, resulting in a star-studded remix of an already growing club banger. So, as the weather continues to heat up, be sure to drink your beverages while burning up the dance floor. The Bad Boy artist plans to do the same on May 21, when his debut album, Excuse My French, is out in stores.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Minute ft. Jadakiss" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.