Valentine’s Day is for the lovers, but what about the Freaks? While they don’t have celebrated holiday, French Montana might be able to satisfy them (pause). On the latest single off his Bad Boy debut album, Montana connects with producer Rico Love, who samples both Chaka Demus & Pliers’ Murder She Wrote and Li’l Vicious and Doug E. Fresh’s Freaks. The end result features all the bells and whistles you’d imagine, from relentless clapping to a boisterous air horn, which is perfectly suited to both counterbalance Montana’s nonchalant approach and accentuate guest Nicki Minaj’s ever-changing, eccentric flow. Fans awaiting Montana’s Excuse My French will have to sit tight as it has been moved to a May 21 release.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view French Montana’s Eif Rivera-directed Freaks visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Minute ft. Jadakiss" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.