Valentine’s Day is for the lovers, but what about the Freaks? While they don’t have celebrated holiday, French Montana might be able to satisfy them (pause). On the latest single off his Bad Boy debut album, Montana connects with producer Rico Love, who samples both Chaka Demus & Pliers’ Murder She Wrote and Li’l Vicious and Doug E. Fresh’s Freaks. The end result features all the bells and whistles you’d imagine, from relentless clapping to a boisterous air horn, which is perfectly suited to both counterbalance Montana’s nonchalant approach and accentuate guest Nicki Minaj’s ever-changing, eccentric flow. Fans awaiting Montana’s Excuse My French will have to sit tight as it has been moved to a May 21 release.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view French Montana’s Eif Rivera-directed Freaks visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Minute ft. Jadakiss" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.