Over the past few months, French Montana has been going crazy on the feature tip, contributing guest rhymes to cuts by everyone from Rick Ross to MGK. As it turns out, however, there was method to his madness. Today, the rhymesayer cashes in a few of those favors, assembling an all-star feature cast for the official remix of Everythings A Go, the current single off his Bad Boy debut set. Prime‘s whip-ready instrumental, a Lex Luger-esque blend of orchestral loops and trap percussion, is held over from the original along with the hook, but all rhymes are brand new. In addition to a fresh 16 by Montana himself, the record features added mic work by YMCMB mogul Baby, Maybach Music heavyweight Wale, Big Apple mainstay Fabolous and D-Block veteran Jadakiss. Who turns in the dopest performance? Since all five emcees sound right at home stunting over the record’s street-ready backdrop, I’m going to have to let y’all break the tie. Whatever your take on the matter, you’ll be able to find the album version of this record and much more on Excuse My French, tentatively scheduled to arrive on store shelves this July.
Written by richard on 05/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Minute ft. Jadakiss" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.