Back in November of 2012, Cleveland electro-dance buzzmaker Freeze-Tag introduced himself to the Booth with an ethereal cover version of Little Dragon’s Twice. Though the intervening months have seen the beatsmith/singer lend his guest vocals to Baker‘s Flu Game, freshly-released promo single Fall in Love marks his first original cut to hit our front page, as well as his first solo feature of 2013. Here, Freeze’s intricate drum programming and polyrhythmic synth riffs back reverb-drenched, multi-tracked reflections on the romantic possibilities in his future. Balancing complexity with texture, this cut feels simultaneously chaotic and soothing. For more fresh, eclectic synth soundscapes, check out Freeze’s Eskimo EP, available for digital purchase as of April 19.
Written by richard on 06/4/13
Submit your Rating
Field Day Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.