Back in November of 2012, Cleveland electro-dance buzzmaker Freeze-Tag introduced himself to the Booth with an ethereal cover version of Little Dragon’s Twice. Though the intervening months have seen the beatsmith/singer lend his guest vocals to Baker‘s Flu Game, freshly-released promo single Fall in Love marks his first original cut to hit our front page, as well as his first solo feature of 2013. Here, Freeze’s intricate drum programming and polyrhythmic synth riffs back reverb-drenched, multi-tracked reflections on the romantic possibilities in his future. Balancing complexity with texture, this cut feels simultaneously chaotic and soothing. For more fresh, eclectic synth soundscapes, check out Freeze’s Eskimo EP, available for digital purchase as of April 19.
Written by richard on 06/4/13
Submit your Rating
Field Day Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.