Suffice it to say that Philly rapper Freeway has faced a number of ups and downs in his lengthy music career, but despite the downs the veteran emcee is refreshingly optimistic on his latest release We Up. Affectionately known as the Philly Freezer, the former Roc wordsmith and Freestyle Series alum takes it back to his Philly block on the Jimmy Giambrone-directed visuals for the single. Donning a t-shirt with the image of the late Jean-Michel Basquiat, Free unleashes his patented gruff rhymes all over the city of Philly with his crew by his side. Producer JRB‘s harmonious production is quite a contrast to Freeway’s boisterous vocals, but that gap proves to be a welcomed addition on We Up. Get ready for this single, and equally-as-impressive others, to be included Freeway’s forthcoming album, Freedom Of Speech.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.