Suffice it to say that Philly rapper Freeway has faced a number of ups and downs in his lengthy music career, but despite the downs the veteran emcee is refreshingly optimistic on his latest release We Up. Affectionately known as the Philly Freezer, the former Roc wordsmith and Freestyle Series alum takes it back to his Philly block on the Jimmy Giambrone-directed visuals for the single. Donning a t-shirt with the image of the late Jean-Michel Basquiat, Free unleashes his patented gruff rhymes all over the city of Philly with his crew by his side. Producer JRB‘s harmonious production is quite a contrast to Freeway’s boisterous vocals, but that gap proves to be a welcomed addition on We Up. Get ready for this single, and equally-as-impressive others, to be included Freeway’s forthcoming album, Freedom Of Speech.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.