Suffice it to say that Philly rapper Freeway has faced a number of ups and downs in his lengthy music career, but despite the downs the veteran emcee is refreshingly optimistic on his latest release We Up. Affectionately known as the Philly Freezer, the former Roc wordsmith and Freestyle Series alum takes it back to his Philly block on the Jimmy Giambrone-directed visuals for the single. Donning a t-shirt with the image of the late Jean-Michel Basquiat, Free unleashes his patented gruff rhymes all over the city of Philly with his crew by his side. Producer JRB‘s harmonious production is quite a contrast to Freeway’s boisterous vocals, but that gap proves to be a welcomed addition on We Up. Get ready for this single, and equally-as-impressive others, to be included Freeway’s forthcoming album, Freedom Of Speech.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.