At the bottom of the month, The DJBooth will be unleashing the third installment of our exclusive Re-Produced series, based around Philly rhymesayer Freeway‘s Freedom of Speech single, We Up. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the second of three exclusive remixes off the project, courtesy of Ro. Blvd. In place of the hazy, synth-driven JRB beat that backed the album version, the Los Angeles-based producer delivers a more upbeat, head-noddable blend of chopped keys and boom-bap percussion. For info on the making of this beat, check out Ro Blvd’s new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Click here to listen to South Florida beatsmith Numonics’ version of the record. Watch for us to premiere the final remix, by frequent Yonas producer Sean Divine next week, prior to the arrival of the full project October 31. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne and Torae are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download. Released yesterday, Freeway’s Don Cannon-hosted Freedom of Speech mixtape is available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/17/12
The DJBooth is proud to present the third entry in Re-Produced, an exclusive series in which three hand-selected beatsmiths each offer his or her own spin on a record by a reader-approved artist. The third EP in the series...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.