At the bottom of the month, The DJBooth will be unleashing the third installment of our exclusive Re-Produced series, based around Philly rhymesayer Freeway‘s Freedom of Speech single, We Up. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the second of three exclusive remixes off the project, courtesy of Ro. Blvd. In place of the hazy, synth-driven JRB beat that backed the album version, the Los Angeles-based producer delivers a more upbeat, head-noddable blend of chopped keys and boom-bap percussion. For info on the making of this beat, check out Ro Blvd’s new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Click here to listen to South Florida beatsmith Numonics’ version of the record. Watch for us to premiere the final remix, by frequent Yonas producer Sean Divine next week, prior to the arrival of the full project October 31. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne and Torae are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download. Released yesterday, Freeway’s Don Cannon-hosted Freedom of Speech mixtape is available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)