At the bottom of the month, The DJBooth will be unleashing the third installment of our exclusive Re-Produced series, based around Philly rhymesayer Freeway‘s Freedom of Speech single, We Up. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the first of three exclusive remixes off the project, courtesy of Numonics. In place of the hazy, synth-driven JRB beat that backed the album version, the South Floridian beatsmith creates a more organic musical backdrop, layering his own live guitar and keyboard over a programmed drum break. For more on the making of this beat, check out Numonics’ new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Watch for us to premiere remixes by frequent THURZ collaborator Ro. BLVD and frequent Yonas producer Sean Divine in the weeks leading up to the EP’s arrival on our front page October 31. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne and Torae are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.