At the bottom of the month, The DJBooth will be unleashing the third installment of our exclusive Re-Produced series, based around Philly rhymesayer Freeway‘s Freedom of Speech single, We Up. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the first of three exclusive remixes off the project, courtesy of Numonics. In place of the hazy, synth-driven JRB beat that backed the album version, the South Floridian beatsmith creates a more organic musical backdrop, layering his own live guitar and keyboard over a programmed drum break. For more on the making of this beat, check out Numonics’ new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Watch for us to premiere remixes by frequent THURZ collaborator Ro. BLVD and frequent Yonas producer Sean Divine in the weeks leading up to the EP’s arrival on our front page October 31. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne and Torae are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
The DJBooth is proud to present the third entry in Re-Produced, an exclusive series in which three hand-selected beatsmiths each offer his or her own spin on a record by a reader-approved artist. The third EP in the series...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.