At the bottom of the month, The DJBooth will be unleashing the third installment of our exclusive Re-Produced series, based around Philly rhymesayer Freeway‘s Freedom of Speech single, We Up. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the first of three exclusive remixes off the project, courtesy of Numonics. In place of the hazy, synth-driven JRB beat that backed the album version, the South Floridian beatsmith creates a more organic musical backdrop, layering his own live guitar and keyboard over a programmed drum break. For more on the making of this beat, check out Numonics’ new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Watch for us to premiere remixes by frequent THURZ collaborator Ro. BLVD and frequent Yonas producer Sean Divine in the weeks leading up to the EP’s arrival on our front page October 31. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne and Torae are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
The DJBooth is proud to present the third entry in Re-Produced, an exclusive series in which three hand-selected beatsmiths each offer his or her own spin on a record by a reader-approved artist. The third EP in the series...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)