At the bottom of the month, The DJBooth will be unleashing the third installment of our exclusive Re-Produced series, based around Philly rhymesayer Freeway‘s Freedom of Speech single, We Up. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the first of three exclusive remixes off the project, courtesy of Numonics. In place of the hazy, synth-driven JRB beat that backed the album version, the South Floridian beatsmith creates a more organic musical backdrop, layering his own live guitar and keyboard over a programmed drum break. For more on the making of this beat, check out Numonics’ new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Watch for us to premiere remixes by frequent THURZ collaborator Ro. BLVD and frequent Yonas producer Sean Divine in the weeks leading up to the EP’s arrival on our front page October 31. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne and Torae are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.