At the bottom of the month, The DJBooth will be unleashing the third installment of our exclusive Re-Produced series, based around Philly rhymesayer Freeway‘s Freedom of Speech single, We Up. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the first of three exclusive remixes off the project, courtesy of Numonics. In place of the hazy, synth-driven JRB beat that backed the album version, the South Floridian beatsmith creates a more organic musical backdrop, layering his own live guitar and keyboard over a programmed drum break. For more on the making of this beat, check out Numonics’ new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Watch for us to premiere remixes by frequent THURZ collaborator Ro. BLVD and frequent Yonas producer Sean Divine in the weeks leading up to the EP’s arrival on our front page October 31. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne and Torae are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.