Suffice it to say that Philly rapper Freeway has faced a number of ups and downs in his lengthy music career, but despite the downs the veteran emcee is refreshingly optimistic on his latest release We Up. Affectionately known as the Philly Freezer, the former Roc wordsmith and Freestyle Series alum takes it back to his Philly block on the Jimmy Giambrone-directed visuals for the single. Donning a t-shirt with the image of the late Jean-Michel Basquiat, Free unleashes his patented gruff rhymes all over the city of Philly with his crew by his side. Producer JRB‘s harmonious production is quite a contrast to Freeway’s boisterous vocals, but that gap proves to be a welcomed addition on We Up. Get ready for this single, and equally-as-impressive others, to be included Freeway’s forthcoming album, Freedom Of Speech.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Never one to hold his tongue, Freeway is prepared to be even more fearlessly expressive than usual with the release of his upcoming Don Cannon-hosted mix-album, Freedom of Speech. Released in conjunction with Rocksmith and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)