Suffice it to say that Philly rapper Freeway has faced a number of ups and downs in his lengthy music career, but despite the downs the veteran emcee is refreshingly optimistic on his latest release We Up. Affectionately known as the Philly Freezer, the former Roc wordsmith and Freestyle Series alum takes it back to his Philly block on the Jimmy Giambrone-directed visuals for the single. Donning a t-shirt with the image of the late Jean-Michel Basquiat, Free unleashes his patented gruff rhymes all over the city of Philly with his crew by his side. Producer JRB‘s harmonious production is quite a contrast to Freeway’s boisterous vocals, but that gap proves to be a welcomed addition on We Up. Get ready for this single, and equally-as-impressive others, to be included Freeway’s forthcoming album, Freedom Of Speech.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.