In recent years, Freeway has, if not departed from his traditional, hard-nosed image, diversified considerably; hell, last we heard from the Philly representative, he was waxing poetic about the joys of cuddling on rising R&B star Carlyle‘s sentimental single Never Go. While I’m as much of a fan of the new, more huggable Freeway as anyone, it’s nice to hear the freestyle alum‘s more aggressive side make its return on Turn It Up, a potential inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming collaborative EP with Bink!. As the record’s title suggests, this song is made to be blasted at high volume, with the veteran beatsmith serving up a bombastic, brass-sampled beat to back Freeway’s melodic yet bruising flows. Lyrically, the headliner keeps it straight gully, mixing larger-than-life braggadocio with outright hostility toward his enemies: “These n*ggas dead wrong, loud like an airhorn, hit ‘em with the cannon leave ‘em dead on Dearborn.” Find yourself reflexively turning the volume knob clockwise while listening to this hard-hitting selection? Then stay tuned for further details on Free and Bink!‘s collaborative project, as well as all the latest tunes!
Written by richard on 10/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.