In recent years, Freeway has, if not departed from his traditional, hard-nosed image, diversified considerably; hell, last we heard from the Philly representative, he was waxing poetic about the joys of cuddling on rising R&B star Carlyle‘s sentimental single Never Go. While I’m as much of a fan of the new, more huggable Freeway as anyone, it’s nice to hear the freestyle alum‘s more aggressive side make its return on Turn It Up, a potential inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming collaborative EP with Bink!. As the record’s title suggests, this song is made to be blasted at high volume, with the veteran beatsmith serving up a bombastic, brass-sampled beat to back Freeway’s melodic yet bruising flows. Lyrically, the headliner keeps it straight gully, mixing larger-than-life braggadocio with outright hostility toward his enemies: “These n*ggas dead wrong, loud like an airhorn, hit ‘em with the cannon leave ‘em dead on Dearborn.” Find yourself reflexively turning the volume knob clockwise while listening to this hard-hitting selection? Then stay tuned for further details on Free and Bink!‘s collaborative project, as well as all the latest tunes!
Written by richard on 10/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.