Growing up in Philadelphia, one of the most monstrous songs I ever heard come out of the City of Brotherly Love was Freeway and Peedi Crack’s Flipside. With Freeway preparing to release his new album, Diamond in The Ruff, he hopes to duplicate the impact of that early record with his new single, Snappa Pow, featuring, of course, Peedi Crack. Produced by his now constant beatmaker Jake One, the beat gives us that heavy high-hat and bass drum knocks, as well as some sounds that are eerily similar to Obie Trice’s The Set Up. But instead of the traditional two verses from the main artist and one from the feature, Free and Peedi take a different route, exchanging words after every eight bars. This actually works in their favor, giving us more time to hear both of their unique styles, while allowing us to stay in the flow without being interrupted. If you’re digging Snappa, be sure to check out Diamond in the Ruff when it’s released sometime in 2011 – hopefully the final version will brings us more dope hits like this from the newly free Peedi Crack and the Philly Freezer.
Written by JRTheWriter on 11/16/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.