Growing up in Philadelphia, one of the most monstrous songs I ever heard come out of the City of Brotherly Love was Freeway and Peedi Crack’s Flipside. With Freeway preparing to release his new album, Diamond in The Ruff, he hopes to duplicate the impact of that early record with his new single, Snappa Pow, featuring, of course, Peedi Crack. Produced by his now constant beatmaker Jake One, the beat gives us that heavy high-hat and bass drum knocks, as well as some sounds that are eerily similar to Obie Trice’s The Set Up. But instead of the traditional two verses from the main artist and one from the feature, Free and Peedi take a different route, exchanging words after every eight bars. This actually works in their favor, giving us more time to hear both of their unique styles, while allowing us to stay in the flow without being interrupted. If you’re digging Snappa, be sure to check out Diamond in the Ruff when it’s released sometime in 2011 – hopefully the final version will brings us more dope hits like this from the newly free Peedi Crack and the Philly Freezer.
Written by JRTheWriter on 11/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.