One’s a grizzled veteran who’s seen it all, the other a precociously talented youngster only beginning to learn the ways of the game… no, I’m not describing the plot of the latest buddy-cop movie (though I’ll sell the rights to that idea if you’re buying). I’m talking about P.A., a newly-released EP cut which finds Philly mainstay Freeway and Pittsburgh buzzmaker Mac Miller coming together to celebrate their shared love for the Keystone State. Over the characteristically smooth, string-driven boardwork by Massachusetts heavyweight Statik Selektah, the collaborators (both freestyle alumni) deliver their freshest Pennsylvania-themed bars, Free focusing on braggadocio and local color (Notably, he makes the prediction “Next year’s Super Bowl: Eagles vs. Steelers”), and Miller lacing the back with engagingly-flowed wordplay. Like what you’re hearing? Freeway and Statik’s aptly-named Statik-Free EP is available for free download today (the 13th) only at ShowOffHipHop.com. Those late to the party can pick up their copy on iTunes starting tomorrow!
Written by richard on 01/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)