Freeway‘s been enjoying something of a DJBooth hot streak in January 2010, bringing us one one of our most highly acclaimed exclusive freestyles to date (Trap Door currently sits at #2 on our Freestyle Chart) as well as reader-approved single She Makes Me Feel Alright. The perfect capstone to a month of high-quality tunes, newly-leaked album track One Thing finds the Philly street veteran addressing that most loathed of creatures, the rat. Over production partner Jake One‘s head-nodding, soul-sampled instrumental, Freeway vents his fury at the “snake n*ggas” who are all too willing to sell him out when the going gets tough. Wu-Tang alum Raekwon provides moral support in his deadpan closing verse, giving would-be backstabbers fair warning of what awaits them: “Keep snitchin’ on your man, you’re gonna fry in a pan…” If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect plenty more hot beats and hard-hitting street lyricism on Freeway and Jake One’s hotly-anticipated Stimulus Package LP, set to drop February 16 via Rhymesayers.
Written by richard on 01/31/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.