Freeway‘s been enjoying something of a DJBooth hot streak in January 2010, bringing us one one of our most highly acclaimed exclusive freestyles to date (Trap Door currently sits at #2 on our Freestyle Chart) as well as reader-approved single She Makes Me Feel Alright. The perfect capstone to a month of high-quality tunes, newly-leaked album track One Thing finds the Philly street veteran addressing that most loathed of creatures, the rat. Over production partner Jake One‘s head-nodding, soul-sampled instrumental, Freeway vents his fury at the “snake n*ggas” who are all too willing to sell him out when the going gets tough. Wu-Tang alum Raekwon provides moral support in his deadpan closing verse, giving would-be backstabbers fair warning of what awaits them: “Keep snitchin’ on your man, you’re gonna fry in a pan…” If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect plenty more hot beats and hard-hitting street lyricism on Freeway and Jake One’s hotly-anticipated Stimulus Package LP, set to drop February 16 via Rhymesayers.
Written by richard on 01/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.