Freeway‘s been enjoying something of a DJBooth hot streak in January 2010, bringing us one one of our most highly acclaimed exclusive freestyles to date (Trap Door currently sits at #2 on our Freestyle Chart) as well as reader-approved single She Makes Me Feel Alright. The perfect capstone to a month of high-quality tunes, newly-leaked album track One Thing finds the Philly street veteran addressing that most loathed of creatures, the rat. Over production partner Jake One‘s head-nodding, soul-sampled instrumental, Freeway vents his fury at the “snake n*ggas” who are all too willing to sell him out when the going gets tough. Wu-Tang alum Raekwon provides moral support in his deadpan closing verse, giving would-be backstabbers fair warning of what awaits them: “Keep snitchin’ on your man, you’re gonna fry in a pan…” If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect plenty more hot beats and hard-hitting street lyricism on Freeway and Jake One’s hotly-anticipated Stimulus Package LP, set to drop February 16 via Rhymesayers.
Written by richard on 01/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.