In theory, an emcee reading over his bank statement doesn’t seem like a particularly exciting premise for a record. In practice, well, tell that to Rick Ross and his fellow luxury rappers. Not typically known for crowing about his finances, Freeway nonetheless takes the opportunity to share a few Numbers with listeners on single number two off his next studio album. In addition to bragging about the paper he’s been pulling in over Sunny Dukes’ whip-ready boardwork, the Philly street lyricist offers a numerical indication of just how dangerous it is to f**k with him: “I’ll have 30 n**gas on your front porch, backyards.” Fellow Philadelphia repper Neef Buck rattles off some pertinent statistics of his own on the guest tip. Diamond in the Ruff is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 27, via BabyGrande. In the meantime, fans should be sure to check out the latest entry in our Re-Produced EP series, based around Free’s We Up.
Written by richard on 11/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)