After his disassociation with Roc-A-Fella Recods, Philadelphia rapper Freeway started working on elevating his underground status through new music that even saw him release an album on alternative hip-hop powerhouse Rhymesayers with producer Jake One. The Philly Freezer hasn’t stopped there, continuing to impress with lyrical content, the latest example being L.O.V.E., which will be featured on the 143rd mixtape in the Cornerstone series, mixed by Bootleg Kev. L.O.V.E., produced by Phoe Notes, doesn’t have the typical style of beat that you’d imagine Free rapping over as he lists off the many cities he feels show him the proper amount of love in his typical odd ball style of delivery. Freeway has long been one of the most unique rappers through how he builds his bars and L.O.V.E. is just another instance of him zigging just when you expect a zag.
Written by JC Poppe on 11/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.