After his disassociation with Roc-A-Fella Recods, Philadelphia rapper Freeway started working on elevating his underground status through new music that even saw him release an album on alternative hip-hop powerhouse Rhymesayers with producer Jake One. The Philly Freezer hasn’t stopped there, continuing to impress with lyrical content, the latest example being L.O.V.E., which will be featured on the 143rd mixtape in the Cornerstone series, mixed by Bootleg Kev. L.O.V.E., produced by Phoe Notes, doesn’t have the typical style of beat that you’d imagine Free rapping over as he lists off the many cities he feels show him the proper amount of love in his typical odd ball style of delivery. Freeway has long been one of the most unique rappers through how he builds his bars and L.O.V.E. is just another instance of him zigging just when you expect a zag.
Written by JC Poppe on 11/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.