As Melle Mel famously put it, the urban landscape is “like a Jungle sometimes;” predators stalk, camouflaged, through the streets, stiff competition exists for life-sustaining resources, and one false move can turn you into food for the vultures. On his latest feature, the lead single off his forthcoming studio album, Freeway tutors listeners on the skills needed to survive in these harsh environs, drawing parallels between his experiences on the block and his current musical hustle. Stro provides a bass-booming synth-percussion backdrop for his characteristically rough-hewn, aggressively-flowed verses. Diamond in the Ruff is scheduled to hit stores Tuesday, November 27, via Babygrande. On October 31, we will be releasing the third installment of our exclusive Re-Produced EP series, based around Freeway’s We Up . Click here to preview Numonics’ contribution to the project. Watch for Ro. Blvd‘s remix to make its world premiere on our front page this Wednesday.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Freeway’s Set Free and Jimmy Giambrone-directed Jungle visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.