As Melle Mel famously put it, the urban landscape is “like a Jungle sometimes;” predators stalk, camouflaged, through the streets, stiff competition exists for life-sustaining resources, and one false move can turn you into food for the vultures. On his latest feature, the lead single off his forthcoming studio album, Freeway tutors listeners on the skills needed to survive in these harsh environs, drawing parallels between his experiences on the block and his current musical hustle. Stro provides a bass-booming synth-percussion backdrop for his characteristically rough-hewn, aggressively-flowed verses. Diamond in the Ruff is scheduled to hit stores Tuesday, November 27, via Babygrande. On October 31, we will be releasing the third installment of our exclusive Re-Produced EP series, based around Freeway’s We Up . Click here to preview Numonics’ contribution to the project. Watch for Ro. Blvd‘s remix to make its world premiere on our front page this Wednesday.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Freeway’s Set Free and Jimmy Giambrone-directed Jungle visual.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.