In a recent interview with Mimi Soul of music blog Finding the B-Side, our own DJ Z stated that “Independent artists and labels are the future of this industry,” and, judging by the increasing number of major artists jumping ship, that future doesn’t seem too far off. With the release of his latest LP through Real Talk Ent., Freeway will add his name to the growing list of major heavyweights-gone-indie—a move that’s he’s confident will leave him with more paper to stack than ever before. On the lead single off Philadelphia Freeway 2, the rapper asks all listening to throw their Hands Up as he details his legendary hustle. Cozmo, the beatsmith who recently earned Booth accolades for his work on Sheek Louch‘s Time 2 Get Paid, backs Freeway’s characteristically gruff rhymes with a sweeping mix of music-box synths and orchestral/choral flourishes, and the result is a crowd-pleasing club cut with a street edge. Sure to have listeners goin’ stupid wherever it’s played, Hands Up can be found on the emcee’s third studio album when it drops on Tuesday.
Written by richard on 05/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.