Back in January, Kanye West and Jay-Z taught listeners everywhere that H.A.M. isn’t just something you eat for breakfast (or not, depending on your faith). Today, Freeway is here to do them one better – not satisfied with going as “Hard as a motherf*cker,” the Philly street veteran (and headliner at our unofficial SXSW showcase!) shows us what HAM Extreme sounds like on this newly-leaked album inclusion. The Pack‘s Young L handles production duties, flipping Coldplay’s The Hardest Part into a beat befitting a grind anthem (no opera samples or choral interludes here). As usual Freeway keeps it real (and halal) on the microphone, showcasing his inimitably gruff flow as he affirms his willingness to do whatever it takes to get his paper up. To keep it one-hundred, though, I’m not sure how I feel about living in a world where declarations of loyalty to the streets can exist in such close proximity to Dr. Seuss and Hoobastank references – your thoughts, Booth readers? Whatever your take on the matter, you’ll want to keep it locked for all the latest on Freeway and Diamond Supply Co.‘s Diamond in the Ruff LP, coming soon to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 03/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.