Three quick facts about Freeway, the rap king of Philly’s streets: One, his real name is Leslie Pridgen (good call on the name change). Two, after a long-running and deep association with Roc-a-Fella, Free’s now signed to Cash Money Records. Three, after a slew of guest appearances (check him back up Sha Stimuli on Move Back), Freeway’s now undeniably Going Places, and he’s bringing Booth newcomers Playboi and Jakk Frost along for the ride. A strangely produced cut courtesy of B. Moon that sounds distinctly cinematic, lyrically Going Places features Free straying from his more grinding roots and good-but-not-great contributions from Playboi and Jakk Frost (who sounds like James Earl Jones if he rapped). Far be it for me to stand in the man’s way, but musically speaking, I’m frankly not sure I like the places Free’s going. Going Places will ambiguously be part of an untitled project with no set release date. Looks like you’ll just have to stay tuned to DJBooth.net for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.