As harrowing as it can be to, say, have to figure out the Philadelphia subway system (which, granted, makes much more sense than my home city’s bus schedules) after a sleepless night in a dilapidated hostel, it’s virtually impossible not to look back fondly on one’s travel experiences. Philly’s own Freeway, for one, credits life on the road for making him who he is today, and, on this new mixtape cut, he joins up with another native of the City of Brotherly Love, former Roc-A-Fella rapper Young Chris, to pay tribute to All the Cities they’ve visited during their time in the game. Phoe Notes mellow boardwork, driven by a wandering jazz bassline, sets an appropriately nostalgic mood as the two emcees reminisce about all they’ve experienced on the road to musical success, from past romances to hair-raising run-ins with crooked cops. Those who enjoy this leisurely trip down Memory Lane are sure to find more to their liking on Freelapse (tentatively scheduled to drop on the 28th), as well as on Freeway’s Stimulus Package mixtape with Jake One (due out in late August).
Written by richard on 07/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.