As Freeway gets ready to close out his Month of Madness series, he decides to employ the same strategy that worked so well on his two albums, Philadelphia Freeway and Free At Last: get personal towards the end. For day 26, he spits another version of his autobiography in three chapter-verses, reminiscing on his early life in the Philadelphia streets, his time with the Roc-A-Fella dynasty, and the global happenings throughout that time, knowing that, When I Die, he’ll be ready. To surround his straight-from-the-heart rhymes, Free picks up a smooth piano loop from Oddz.N.Endz, who use a sample from Mr. You’re Beautiful himself, James Blunt. We’ve now seen how Freeway plans to bring his series to a close – will K. Sparks and Theo choose to take a similar path?
Written by Burmy on 12/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.