As Freeway gets ready to close out his Month of Madness series, he decides to employ the same strategy that worked so well on his two albums, Philadelphia Freeway and Free At Last: get personal towards the end. For day 26, he spits another version of his autobiography in three chapter-verses, reminiscing on his early life in the Philadelphia streets, his time with the Roc-A-Fella dynasty, and the global happenings throughout that time, knowing that, When I Die, he’ll be ready. To surround his straight-from-the-heart rhymes, Free picks up a smooth piano loop from Oddz.N.Endz, who use a sample from Mr. You’re Beautiful himself, James Blunt. We’ve now seen how Freeway plans to bring his series to a close – will K. Sparks and Theo choose to take a similar path?
Listen to More: Freeway
Written by Burmy on 12/28/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.