When an artist spends the first eight years of his career signed to a major label, a subsequent departure to independent pastures isn’t the easiest of transitions. Take rapper Freeway, for example; the Philadelphia native signed with Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam back in 1999, and released two albums during his tenure there. Post Free At Last, the “best beard in the game” is gearing up to release his third album, Freedom of Speech, and is confident that Everything’s Gonna Be Alright. Over production work from Chad West, Free and former labelmate Young Chris wax poetic about their positive outlook on their careers and life itself. Hey, when you’re rapping over an old-school, feel-good beat (see Naughty By Nature), it’s hard not to look at the world through rose-colored glasses.
Written by DJ Z on 10/20/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.