When an artist spends the first eight years of his career signed to a major label, a subsequent departure to independent pastures isn’t the easiest of transitions. Take rapper Freeway, for example; the Philadelphia native signed with Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam back in 1999, and released two albums during his tenure there. Post Free At Last, the “best beard in the game” is gearing up to release his third album, Freedom of Speech, and is confident that Everything’s Gonna Be Alright. Over production work from Chad West, Free and former labelmate Young Chris wax poetic about their positive outlook on their careers and life itself. Hey, when you’re rapping over an old-school, feel-good beat (see Naughty By Nature), it’s hard not to look at the world through rose-colored glasses.
Written by DJ Z on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.