When an artist spends the first eight years of his career signed to a major label, a subsequent departure to independent pastures isn’t the easiest of transitions. Take rapper Freeway, for example; the Philadelphia native signed with Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam back in 1999, and released two albums during his tenure there. Post Free At Last, the “best beard in the game” is gearing up to release his third album, Freedom of Speech, and is confident that Everything’s Gonna Be Alright. Over production work from Chad West, Free and former labelmate Young Chris wax poetic about their positive outlook on their careers and life itself. Hey, when you’re rapping over an old-school, feel-good beat (see Naughty By Nature), it’s hard not to look at the world through rose-colored glasses.
Written by DJ Z on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.