Roc-A-Fella veteran MC, Freeway, has had to take several steps back. After releasing his debut album he was arrested and jailed on narcotic distribution charges and after being released he was forced to step back from music during the ‘death of the dynasty.’ Now, with an album release in clear sight and the drama from the breakup behind him, Freeway is about to be Free at Last. Following the initial single, Roc-A-Fella Billionaires (featuring Jay-Z), comes the Lil’ Wayne collaboration, Step Back. Produced by Don Cannon the song follows both MCs as they remind their listeners that neither will back down. Freeway’s long-awaited sophomore album, Free At Last, is set to drop on Novemeber 20th.
Written by DJ Z on 10/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.