As the days creep closer to the arrival of Freeway’s new album, Free At Last, the team at Roc-A-Fella has unleashed what sounds like a radio programmer’s dream. After dropping a plethora of street heavy songs, Freeway and executive producer 50 Cent switch it up on the new single, Take It To The Top. Produced by Jonathan “JR” Rotem the song features 50 singing on the hook, yup singing, and Freeway rapping like someone put him in a time machine and sent him back to the studio during the Philadelphia Freeway sessions. Currently on tour with Hova (three dates remaining), Freeway anxiously awaits November 20th and the chance to rise up once again.
Written by DJ Z on 11/9/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.