Imagine you’re an emcee who’s just been released from a longtime contract, and you’re looking over a new deal with a label known to be unreliable in getting its artists’ albums on store shelves. You definitely want to keep your buzz up in the meantime… what do you do? Currently in the finishing stages of a deal with Cash Money, Philadelphia rap icon Freewayis focusing all his energy on the streets—fresh off the May release of his Philadelphia Freeway 2 mixtape, he’s already on the verge of dropping another street album, Freelapse. On newly-leaked track Free Moola, the emcee gives us all a crash course in free-association lyricism, flexing his high-energy flow over a Just Blaze-esque beat by Phoe Notes. Due out in August, Freelapse will pave the way for the September arrival of yet another mixtape, Jake One collabo The Stimulus Package.
Written by Burmy on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.