Imagine you’re an emcee who’s just been released from a longtime contract, and you’re looking over a new deal with a label known to be unreliable in getting its artists’ albums on store shelves. You definitely want to keep your buzz up in the meantime… what do you do? Currently in the finishing stages of a deal with Cash Money, Philadelphia rap icon Freewayis focusing all his energy on the streets—fresh off the May release of his Philadelphia Freeway 2 mixtape, he’s already on the verge of dropping another street album, Freelapse. On newly-leaked track Free Moola, the emcee gives us all a crash course in free-association lyricism, flexing his high-energy flow over a Just Blaze-esque beat by Phoe Notes. Due out in August, Freelapse will pave the way for the September arrival of yet another mixtape, Jake One collabo The Stimulus Package.
Written by Burmy on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)