Imagine you’re an emcee who’s just been released from a longtime contract, and you’re looking over a new deal with a label known to be unreliable in getting its artists’ albums on store shelves. You definitely want to keep your buzz up in the meantime… what do you do? Currently in the finishing stages of a deal with Cash Money, Philadelphia rap icon Freewayis focusing all his energy on the streets—fresh off the May release of his Philadelphia Freeway 2 mixtape, he’s already on the verge of dropping another street album, Freelapse. On newly-leaked track Free Moola, the emcee gives us all a crash course in free-association lyricism, flexing his high-energy flow over a Just Blaze-esque beat by Phoe Notes. Due out in August, Freelapse will pave the way for the September arrival of yet another mixtape, Jake One collabo The Stimulus Package.
Written by Burmy on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.