At the start of Philly spitter Freeway‘s newest record, F.O.S., reality star Mama Jones proclaims, “Freedom of speech, I say what the f**k I want to say and I can’t be scripted.” With Mama Jones’ bold proclamation setting the pace, Freeway surely doesn’t hold back on the record as he comments on taking the torch from wack rappers on his way to the top. The aggressive tone of the record continues into the song’s hook as the Philly Freezer sends out a stern message to the doubters and non-believers. Accompanying the lofty cut is B. Jones triumphant production, which pairs distant-sounding vocals with a hefty dose of percussion. Look out for more freedom-inspired tunes when Freeway’s Freedom Of Speech mixtape is released on October 16, ahead of his highly-anticipated Diamond in the Ruff album.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.