On his last feature, unreleased cut Love Is a Battlefield, Freeway aired his thoughts on everything from inner-city violence to the bad blood between Jay-Z and Beanie Sigel but, besides mentioning that he’d like to be personally serenaded by Alicia Keys (and, really, who wouldn’t?), he managed to completely avoid touching upon matters of the heart. Those who are still dying to hear the intimate details of the Philly street veteran’s love life can finally lay their curiosity to rest; on new single She Makes Me Feel Alright, Freeway pays heartfelt and fairly explicit homage to his girl, praising her for her magnetic personality as well as her skills in the bedroom. Jake One mans the boards, backing the emcee’s expressions of devotion with a soulfully upbeat instrumental inspired by Rick James’ 1978 single Mary Jane. For more hot new material from Freeway and Jake One, check out forthcoming collaborative album The Stimulus Package, set to drop February 16, via Rhymesayers Entertainment.
Written by richard on 01/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.