On his last feature, unreleased cut Love Is a Battlefield, Freeway aired his thoughts on everything from inner-city violence to the bad blood between Jay-Z and Beanie Sigel but, besides mentioning that he’d like to be personally serenaded by Alicia Keys (and, really, who wouldn’t?), he managed to completely avoid touching upon matters of the heart. Those who are still dying to hear the intimate details of the Philly street veteran’s love life can finally lay their curiosity to rest; on new single She Makes Me Feel Alright, Freeway pays heartfelt and fairly explicit homage to his girl, praising her for her magnetic personality as well as her skills in the bedroom. Jake One mans the boards, backing the emcee’s expressions of devotion with a soulfully upbeat instrumental inspired by Rick James’ 1978 single Mary Jane. For more hot new material from Freeway and Jake One, check out forthcoming collaborative album The Stimulus Package, set to drop February 16, via Rhymesayers Entertainment.
Listen to More: Freeway Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.