On his last feature, unreleased cut Love Is a Battlefield, Freeway aired his thoughts on everything from inner-city violence to the bad blood between Jay-Z and Beanie Sigel but, besides mentioning that he’d like to be personally serenaded by Alicia Keys (and, really, who wouldn’t?), he managed to completely avoid touching upon matters of the heart. Those who are still dying to hear the intimate details of the Philly street veteran’s love life can finally lay their curiosity to rest; on new single She Makes Me Feel Alright, Freeway pays heartfelt and fairly explicit homage to his girl, praising her for her magnetic personality as well as her skills in the bedroom. Jake One mans the boards, backing the emcee’s expressions of devotion with a soulfully upbeat instrumental inspired by Rick James’ 1978 single Mary Jane. For more hot new material from Freeway and Jake One, check out forthcoming collaborative album The Stimulus Package, set to drop February 16, via Rhymesayers Entertainment.
Written by richard on 01/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.