What’s behind the sky-high Numbers Freeway boasted of racking up on his last single? Simple: when other rappers are still snoozing, he’s already out getting that dough. Premiered during a recent visit to Shade 45’s Sway in the Morning, this swaggering street banger finds heavyweight producer Just Blaze delivering a simple, yet addictive organ/vocal-sample groove as Free extols the benefits, financial and otherwise, of being awake and hustling Early in the AM. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this time-conscious cut and much more where it came from on Diamond in the Ruff, due out November 27, via Babygrande. Click here to pre-order the album on iTunes! In the meantime, fans who haven’t already can still cop the latest entry in The DJBooth’s own Re-Produced series, based around Freeway’s We Up.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.