DJBooth favorite XV has a bone to pick with fellow emcee Freeway; in a recent blog post, he claimed that the Philly native’s ongoing Month of Madness series was nothing but a ripoff of his 40 Days and 40 Nights. Whether you think Freeway was straight-up biting XV’s idea or simply jumping on an increasingly-crowded bandwagon, there’s no arguing that the quality of the music will be what ultimately makes Month of Madness a success or failure, and on entry number 17, Doing Anything he makes a good case for his series’ relevance. Flowing over a sample of Player’s ‘70s lite-rock hit, Baby Come Back, the emcee spits about the different things he has found himself willing to do anything to get, from the attention of a grade school crush to success in the hip-hop game. Does Freeway have the chops to overcome XV’s accusations? That’s for you to decide.
Listen to More: Freeway Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!