DJBooth favorite XV has a bone to pick with fellow emcee Freeway; in a recent blog post, he claimed that the Philly native’s ongoing Month of Madness series was nothing but a ripoff of his 40 Days and 40 Nights. Whether you think Freeway was straight-up biting XV’s idea or simply jumping on an increasingly-crowded bandwagon, there’s no arguing that the quality of the music will be what ultimately makes Month of Madness a success or failure, and on entry number 17, Doing Anything he makes a good case for his series’ relevance. Flowing over a sample of Player’s ‘70s lite-rock hit, Baby Come Back, the emcee spits about the different things he has found himself willing to do anything to get, from the attention of a grade school crush to success in the hip-hop game. Does Freeway have the chops to overcome XV’s accusations? That’s for you to decide.
Written by richard on 12/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.