DJBooth favorite XV has a bone to pick with fellow emcee Freeway; in a recent blog post, he claimed that the Philly native’s ongoing Month of Madness series was nothing but a ripoff of his 40 Days and 40 Nights. Whether you think Freeway was straight-up biting XV’s idea or simply jumping on an increasingly-crowded bandwagon, there’s no arguing that the quality of the music will be what ultimately makes Month of Madness a success or failure, and on entry number 17, Doing Anything he makes a good case for his series’ relevance. Flowing over a sample of Player’s ‘70s lite-rock hit, Baby Come Back, the emcee spits about the different things he has found himself willing to do anything to get, from the attention of a grade school crush to success in the hip-hop game. Does Freeway have the chops to overcome XV’s accusations? That’s for you to decide.
Written by richard on 12/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.