Following the release of last year’s Free At Last, rapper Freeway has done nothing but record new music. If you’ve ever wondered what a “studio rat” looks like, allow us to re-introduce the veteran Philly native. As preparations are made for the release of his third solo project, Freedom of Speech, Free hooks up with Delaware producer Sap Da Beat Man for some good ‘ol Bread & Butter. Warning the world that his quest is to feed his face with new money, the thick-bearded Muslim seems capable of riding this meal ticket to an industry plateau that has long escaped him. While DJBooth has no information on the release date of the new project, Freeway will be plenty busy juggling the wrap of Freedom of Speech and several independent movie projects he is currently working on.
Written by DJ Z on 10/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.