Unless this is your first day on the Internet, you’ve probably noticed that the trendy move for an unsigned artist today is to create a ‘series’ of song premieres lasting for an extended period of time. In the case of former Roc-A-Fella rapper Freeway‘s new series, Month of Madness, the frequency of a daily releases is simply too much for the Booth to handle. Since the eighth installment of the series is a standout, however, we present a record centered around one word: the sound effect Blauh, associated with “spitting,” whether it be verses, ammo, or, well, spit. The song’s street-heavy beat is produced by Jake One, whose distinct Northeast flavor proves that Seattle life hasn’t affected his opposite-coast flair. As the Month of Madness marches forward, check back with the Booth for future features.
Written by Burmy on 12/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.