Unless this is your first day on the Internet, you’ve probably noticed that the trendy move for an unsigned artist today is to create a ‘series’ of song premieres lasting for an extended period of time. In the case of former Roc-A-Fella rapper Freeway‘s new series, Month of Madness, the frequency of a daily releases is simply too much for the Booth to handle. Since the eighth installment of the series is a standout, however, we present a record centered around one word: the sound effect Blauh, associated with “spitting,” whether it be verses, ammo, or, well, spit. The song’s street-heavy beat is produced by Jake One, whose distinct Northeast flavor proves that Seattle life hasn’t affected his opposite-coast flair. As the Month of Madness marches forward, check back with the Booth for future features.
Written by Burmy on 12/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.