Unless this is your first day on the Internet, you’ve probably noticed that the trendy move for an unsigned artist today is to create a ‘series’ of song premieres lasting for an extended period of time. In the case of former Roc-A-Fella rapper Freeway‘s new series, Month of Madness, the frequency of a daily releases is simply too much for the Booth to handle. Since the eighth installment of the series is a standout, however, we present a record centered around one word: the sound effect Blauh, associated with “spitting,” whether it be verses, ammo, or, well, spit. The song’s street-heavy beat is produced by Jake One, whose distinct Northeast flavor proves that Seattle life hasn’t affected his opposite-coast flair. As the Month of Madness marches forward, check back with the Booth for future features.
Written by Burmy on 12/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.