When Freeway released his sophomore album, Free At Last, last November, widespread critical praise followed. In this era of cookie-cutter rap, Free distinguished himself as one of a few major emcees who puts his whole being into his work. On the newest buzz single from his upcoming junior album, Freedom of Speech, the Philly veteran steps up his metaphor game by comparing The Block in his hometown to a woman; though she had been there to support him for many years, he left her once the major fame and fortune came. Now independent once again, Free is ready to turn down all the big-time offers because he has his Baby Back. Produced by Blunt and featuring a short interpolation of the Chili’s restaurant jingle (near the end), Baby Back (The Block) leaves no doubt that Free is loyal to his streets.
Written by Burmy on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)