When Freeway released his sophomore album, Free At Last, last November, widespread critical praise followed. In this era of cookie-cutter rap, Free distinguished himself as one of a few major emcees who puts his whole being into his work. On the newest buzz single from his upcoming junior album, Freedom of Speech, the Philly veteran steps up his metaphor game by comparing The Block in his hometown to a woman; though she had been there to support him for many years, he left her once the major fame and fortune came. Now independent once again, Free is ready to turn down all the big-time offers because he has his Baby Back. Produced by Blunt and featuring a short interpolation of the Chili’s restaurant jingle (near the end), Baby Back (The Block) leaves no doubt that Free is loyal to his streets.
Written by Burmy on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.