When Freeway released his sophomore album, Free At Last, last November, widespread critical praise followed. In this era of cookie-cutter rap, Free distinguished himself as one of a few major emcees who puts his whole being into his work. On the newest buzz single from his upcoming junior album, Freedom of Speech, the Philly veteran steps up his metaphor game by comparing The Block in his hometown to a woman; though she had been there to support him for many years, he left her once the major fame and fortune came. Now independent once again, Free is ready to turn down all the big-time offers because he has his Baby Back. Produced by Blunt and featuring a short interpolation of the Chili’s restaurant jingle (near the end), Baby Back (The Block) leaves no doubt that Free is loyal to his streets.
Written by Burmy on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.