If, after hearing the Memphis ensemble flip classic cuts from such eclectic sources as the Doors and the Smashing Pumpkins into fresh, innovative hip-hop records, you still don’t believe that FreeSol are going places, then I’m not sure what to tell you – other than “Don’t get in their way.” Because, as frontman Free explains in new mixtape leak No 1 Can Stop Us, attempting to slow them down on their way to the top would be about as productive as throwing yourself in front of a freight train. This time around Lounge Lizzards (aka, Lasse Siegismund) mans the boards, serving up a catchy, string-laced pop-rock groove (sampled from… anyone know?) as Free thumbs his nose at the haters, describing himself as, “A trendsetter n*gga in a city full of hoes.” Swedish rapper Adam Tensta, not glimpsed in the Booth since April of 2008, takes over on the back end, showcasing a similarly dismissive attitude toward the doubters in an aggressively-flowed closing verse. For more genre-blending bangers, grab a copy of FreeSol’s DJBooth.net-sponsored Rock n Rolla street album when it hits our front page on June 21.
Written by richard on 05/27/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Before You Slip" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.