If, after hearing the Memphis ensemble flip classic cuts from such eclectic sources as the Doors and the Smashing Pumpkins into fresh, innovative hip-hop records, you still don’t believe that FreeSol are going places, then I’m not sure what to tell you – other than “Don’t get in their way.” Because, as frontman Free explains in new mixtape leak No 1 Can Stop Us, attempting to slow them down on their way to the top would be about as productive as throwing yourself in front of a freight train. This time around Lounge Lizzards (aka, Lasse Siegismund) mans the boards, serving up a catchy, string-laced pop-rock groove (sampled from… anyone know?) as Free thumbs his nose at the haters, describing himself as, “A trendsetter n*gga in a city full of hoes.” Swedish rapper Adam Tensta, not glimpsed in the Booth since April of 2008, takes over on the back end, showcasing a similarly dismissive attitude toward the doubters in an aggressively-flowed closing verse. For more genre-blending bangers, grab a copy of FreeSol’s DJBooth.net-sponsored Rock n Rolla street album when it hits our front page on June 21.
Written by richard on 05/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Before You Slip" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.