Is there anything Justin Timberlake can’t do? In addition to selling platinum albums, hosting SNL, appearing in blockbuster movies and bedding every Hollywood starlet breathing JT can now add rapper/producer to his resume with the release of Role Model. Along with co-producers Jim Jonsin and Rob Knox (for The Y’s), Mr. Timberlake crafts a marching band meets hard rock beat for Role Model that was apparently banging enough to inspire a (disclaimered) rap verse. But while their boss will obviously garner the initial spotlight for listeners it’s the men of FreeSol that turn this track from an experiment to a fully crafted song as keyboardist Premo D’anger, drummer Kickman Teddy and vocalist Elliot give the cut its live instrument feel. Add in an intricately flowed verse from resident rapper Free and it sounds like the Memphis quartet have a hit on their hands that, ironically, might just make them household names (not to mention musical role models). There’s no word, yet, on a release date for FreeSol’s upcoming No Rules debut, but you can count on The DJBooth to keep you informed. In the meantime, why not watch Role Model‘s visual counterpart?
Written by Nathan S. on 10/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Before You Slip" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.