Judging by the rave reviews received by recent features from Miami ensemble ArtOfficial, Booth readers have been nursing a serious craving for rock-infused, live-band hip-hop. Well, Memphis’ FreeSol are here to deliver the goods on new single (and Booth debut) Before I Slip Away, which finds keyboardist Premo D’anger, drummer Kickman Teddy, and vocalist Elliot repurposing Doors track The Crystal Ship as backdrop for emcee Free‘s lyrical meditations on life’s struggles. Along with the frontman’s poignant rhymes, the cut features soul-searching bars from three equally talented guests: Memphis veteran 8Ball, Marietta, Ga. up-and-comer Kyle Lucas, and longtime Booth favorite Outasight deliver diverse but complementary perspectives on loss and hardship. Those digging this catchy yet emotionally involving track can keep it locked for the latest details on FreeSol’s Before You Sleep LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 04/20/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.