Judging by the rave reviews received by recent features from Miami ensemble ArtOfficial, Booth readers have been nursing a serious craving for rock-infused, live-band hip-hop. Well, Memphis’ FreeSol are here to deliver the goods on new single (and Booth debut) Before I Slip Away, which finds keyboardist Premo D’anger, drummer Kickman Teddy, and vocalist Elliot repurposing Doors track The Crystal Ship as backdrop for emcee Free‘s lyrical meditations on life’s struggles. Along with the frontman’s poignant rhymes, the cut features soul-searching bars from three equally talented guests: Memphis veteran 8Ball, Marietta, Ga. up-and-comer Kyle Lucas, and longtime Booth favorite Outasight deliver diverse but complementary perspectives on loss and hardship. Those digging this catchy yet emotionally involving track can keep it locked for the latest details on FreeSol’s Before You Sleep LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.