Judging by the rave reviews received by recent features from Miami ensemble ArtOfficial, Booth readers have been nursing a serious craving for rock-infused, live-band hip-hop. Well, Memphis’ FreeSol are here to deliver the goods on new single (and Booth debut) Before I Slip Away, which finds keyboardist Premo D’anger, drummer Kickman Teddy, and vocalist Elliot repurposing Doors track The Crystal Ship as backdrop for emcee Free‘s lyrical meditations on life’s struggles. Along with the frontman’s poignant rhymes, the cut features soul-searching bars from three equally talented guests: Memphis veteran 8Ball, Marietta, Ga. up-and-comer Kyle Lucas, and longtime Booth favorite Outasight deliver diverse but complementary perspectives on loss and hardship. Those digging this catchy yet emotionally involving track can keep it locked for the latest details on FreeSol’s Before You Sleep LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.