If you’re an avid weed-smoker, chances are you can already taste that 4/20 kush. Hell, maybe you are already tasting it – why put off till tomorrow what you can smoke today and tomorrow? Either way, the latest feature from Memphis crew Freesol, making its world premiere here in the Booth, should be the perfect soundtrack for your next blunt session. DJ Charlie White‘s upbeat yet fittingly mellow blend of string samples, loping percussion and guitar harmonics sets the mood as frontman Free (a freestyle series alumnus) drops some knowledge your D.A.R.E. instructor didn’t tell you: “Weed is not a gateway, b*tch I do it everyday / Everything they told me and tell you is just irrelevant, cause it doesn’t matter – it’s your life, to hell with it!” To complete the blunted vibe, Charlie White laces the hook with classic samples from Snoop and Dre (Smoke Weed Every Day), Das EFX (Real Hip Hop) and other eminent weed fanatics. This smokers’ anthem isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest from FreeSol!
Written by richard on 04/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Before You Slip" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.