Guess what, readers: I just vibed out to a new single from Fredo Santana, featuring guest bars from none other than Kendrick Lamar. You Jealous? Well don’t be, because the cut’s now available in the Booth for your listening pleasure. Part of the GBE affiliate’s latest street album, this joint opens on a masterful guest 16 from the aforementioned Compton phenom. Rather than trying to outrhyme K. Dot—a virtual impossibility—Fredo stays in his own lane, switching between bellowed bars and a queasy, Auto-tuned delivery. 808 Mafia serves up a syrupy-slow synth/percussion beat to accompany the collaborators’ verses. Fans can find Jealous and many more fresh cuts on the Windy City native’s Trappin’ Aint Dead LP, set for release soon.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.