Guess what, readers: I just vibed out to a new single from Fredo Santana, featuring guest bars from none other than Kendrick Lamar. You Jealous? Well don’t be, because the cut’s now available in the Booth for your listening pleasure. Part of the GBE affiliate’s latest street album, this joint opens on a masterful guest 16 from the aforementioned Compton phenom. Rather than trying to outrhyme K. Dot—a virtual impossibility—Fredo stays in his own lane, switching between bellowed bars and a queasy, Auto-tuned delivery. 808 Mafia serves up a syrupy-slow synth/percussion beat to accompany the collaborators’ verses. Fans can find Jealous and many more fresh cuts on the Windy City native’s Trappin’ Aint Dead LP, set for release soon.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.