Today, Gary, Indiana rhymesayer Freddie Gibbs and veteran beatsmith Madlib unleashed their third collaborative EP, which doubles as the official prelude to their forthcoming full-length. If the previously-featured, reader-acclaimed title track didn’t convince you to give their latest project a spin, a listen to freshly-released standout Harold’s should persuade you that, “what you lookin’ for, b**ch [they] got ‘em.” Over his production partner’s hazy loops, the Midwestern phenom delivers a masterfully-flowed rundown of what he has to offer, lacing his verses with risqué recollections from times past (“Seen schoolgirls turn to strippers in stilettos.”). The collaborators’ DEEPER EP is available now for digital purchase. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on studio album Piñata, due out sometime in 2014.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.