Today, Gary, Indiana rhymesayer Freddie Gibbs and veteran beatsmith Madlib unleashed their third collaborative EP, which doubles as the official prelude to their forthcoming full-length. If the previously-featured, reader-acclaimed title track didn’t convince you to give their latest project a spin, a listen to freshly-released standout Harold’s should persuade you that, “what you lookin’ for, b**ch [they] got ‘em.” Over his production partner’s hazy loops, the Midwestern phenom delivers a masterfully-flowed rundown of what he has to offer, lacing his verses with risqué recollections from times past (“Seen schoolgirls turn to strippers in stilettos.”). The collaborators’ DEEPER EP is available now for digital purchase. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on studio album Piñata, due out sometime in 2014.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.