Today, Gary, Indiana rhymesayer Freddie Gibbs and veteran beatsmith Madlib unleashed their third collaborative EP, which doubles as the official prelude to their forthcoming full-length. If the previously-featured, reader-acclaimed title track didn’t convince you to give their latest project a spin, a listen to freshly-released standout Harold’s should persuade you that, “what you lookin’ for, b**ch [they] got ‘em.” Over his production partner’s hazy loops, the Midwestern phenom delivers a masterfully-flowed rundown of what he has to offer, lacing his verses with risqué recollections from times past (“Seen schoolgirls turn to strippers in stilettos.”). The collaborators’ DEEPER EP is available now for digital purchase. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on studio album Piñata, due out sometime in 2014.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.